tagged by monde to name ten fictional characters i’d fuck. Just for her, today, aiight. Right off the top of my head:
1. Nicola Six (pronounced “seeks,” but also misheard as “sex”), the murderee in Martin Amis’s London fields. Probably the character in modern fiction I identified with the closest. As someone who’s courted deaths metaphorical, social and spiritual several times, I can feel the rapturous apocalypse we’d bring on.
These interviews with Martin Amis are quite illuminating indeed. I highly recommend all his books.
Martin Amis interview with Don Swaim, 1990 (32 min. 04 sec.)
Martin Amis interview with Don Swaim, 1985 (23 min. 22 sec.)
2. The velveteen rabbit.
3. Jabba the Hut- a sex machine! I recall Jabba the Slut, the most popular girl in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.
4. Krazy Kat
5. Bertie Wooster’s Aunt Agatha- I have a penchant for the formidable.
6. Jane Austen – A character in a novel by Emma. It’s the endless petticoats and other fetishistic accoutrements.
7. Immacolata – from Clive Barker’s Weaveworld, rather predictable, innit?
8. The Blessed Virgin Mary – such an obscure, undeveloped and mysterious character full of masochism and a tenuous grasp of reality.
9. Ferdinand the bull.
10. The Night-Gaunts – all of them – from Lovecraft’s Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath.